New Horizon has partnered with EMC Greenplum Data Warehouse the leaders in DATA MANAGEMENT to facilitate organizations across all segments, to realize the full potential of their greatest asset: DATA
The core principle of the EMC Greenplum Database is to move the processing dramatically closer to the data and its users. This effectively enables the computational resources to process every query in a fully parallel manner, use all storage connections simultaneously, and flow data efficiently between resources as the query plan dictates. The result is a wide variety of complex processing can be pushed down in close proximity to the data for maximum efficiency and incredible expressiveness.
The EMC Greenplum Database is already regarded as the most scalable mission critical analytical database and in use at more than 200 leading enterprises worldwide.
- Core Massively Parallel Processing Architecture - The Greenplum Database architecture provides automatic parallelization of data and queries-all data is automatically partitioned across all nodes of the system, and queries are planned and executed using all nodes working together in a highly coordinated fashion.
- Petabyte-Scale Loading - High-performance loading uses MPP Scatter/Gather Streaming technology. Loading speeds scale with each additional node to greater than 10 terabytes per hour, per rack.
- Polymorphic Data Storage and Execution - Using Greenplum's Polymorphic Data Storage technology, the DBA can select the storage, execution, and compression settings that suit the way that table will be accessed. With this feature, customers have the choice of row- or column-oriented storage and processing for any table or partition.
- Anywhere Data Access - Anywhere data access enables queries to be executed from the database against external data sources, returning data in parallel regardless of location, format, or storage medium.
- In-Database Compression - In-database compression uses industry-leading compression technology to increase performance and dramatically reduce the space required to store data. Customers can expect to see a three- to 10-time disk space reduction with a corresponding increase in effective I/O performance.
- Multi-level Partitioning - Flexible partitioning of tables is based on date, range, or value.
DATABASE MANAGEMENT TOOLS
- Online System Expansion - Add servers to increase storage capacity, processing performance, and loading performance. The database can remain online and fully available while the expansion process takes place in the background.
- Workload Management - With administrative control over system resources and their allocation to queries, users can be assigned to resource queues that manage the inflow of work to the database.
- Dynamic Query Prioritization - Greenplum's Advanced Workload Management is extended with patent-pending technology that provides continuous real-time balancing of the resources of the entire cluster across all running queries.
- Database Performance Monitor Tool - The Greenplum Database's Performance Monitor data collection agents gather metrics to help administrators analyze network patterns of Greenplum Database.
- Simple and Fast Parallel Installation - The parallel installation utility allows system administrators to install the Greenplum Database software on multiple hosts at once.
HIGH AVAILABILITY SUPPORT
- Self-Healing Fault Tolerance - Traditional MPP database fault-tolerance techniques were suitable for environments with less than 100 servers, but TCO has increased dramatically beyond that scale.
- Post-Recovery Online Segment Rebalancing - After segment recovery, the EMC Greenplum Database segments can be rebalanced while the system is online. All client sessions remain connected to allow no down time. The database remain functional while the system is recovered back into an optimal state